Roulette is one of the oldest, most well-known games of chance. There are many different versions of it across both casino games and live casino genres, including French, European, and American.
All of these versions have their nuances which different players tend to favour.
It is quite interesting to note that roulette originated from France, with the name meaning a “little wheel” in French.
Specific rules of French roulette
French roulette rules follow those of the European version closely, but there are a few differences well worth noting.
The first difference is in the table layout. Here, the grid showcasing the numbers is placed horizontally. Outside bets can be placed on either side. The top is reserved for black, even, and high while everything else goes at the bottom.
When playing this version of roulette, you can place a variety of bets including inside bets and outside bets, as well as call bets. Many online versions of this game, such as French roulette NetEnt, come with information such as paytables which can help you strategise better.
So what makes the French version so special? A few things do actually; the first of which is that this version has the lowest house advantage. This is not the only difference, however. If you’re looking to play French roulette, including mobile roulette, you need to know about the La Partage and En Prison rules.
La Partage rule
La Partage is a rule that you will only find in French roulette. With this rule, players can get half of their bets back on outside bets when the ball comes to a stop in the zero pocket.
The En Prison Rule is more common in brick and mortar versions than in French online roulette. Through this rule, outside bets are “imprisoned” when the ball lands on zero. This gives you another chance at winning the bet.
The general rules of roulette
Are you new to roulette? We know and understand the allure this game has and many players cannot wait to start playing. Knowing the general rules, however, can give you the best French roulette experience.
Free French roulette
Whether this is your first time playing at a French roulette table or you’re something of a veteran, playing French roulette in free mode has loads of advantages.
If you’re new, it allows you to understand the rules and nuances with minimum risk and maximum fun.
If you’ve been playing a while, then it can be a perfect opportunity to sharpen your roulette skills and perfect your strategy.
Either way, you can easily find free-play games at a French roulette online casino.
Best games of French roulette
French roulette by NetEnt
- RTP: 97.3%
- Min. bet: £0.10
- Max. bet: £1,000.00
NetEnt’s French roulette is one of the best versions of French roulette that you can come across when playing online. With razor-sharp realistic graphics and audio that draws you in, it doesn’t get much better than this.
The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use so you can spend more time playing than fumbling around trying to find what you’re looking for.
It also comes with a French roulette free online version. This means that you can take all the practice runs you want, increasing your understanding and confidence, before playing with real money.
It has some amazing special features, including autoplay and quick spin, to help you make the most out of your time playing this truly amazing game.
French roulette summary
French roulette is one of the more popular versions of roulette and this is with good reason. With the lowest house edge of all, it can increase your chances of winning, all the while retaining the allure and excitement that roulette is so well-known for.
If you’re looking to play French roulette online, then NetEnt is certainly worth your consideration. It easily has the best features of any games in this genre and allows for a variety of bets.
You can also play NetEnt’s French roulette on your mobile devices for true on the go enjoyment.
Remember there is also a free play feature which can allow you to test-drive this genuinely fantastic game with little to no risk.
Whether you’re new to roulette or have been playing for a while, French roulette is one of the more exciting versions.
- American roulette: Tips and games
- European roulette game selection and rules
- French roulette, rules and game selection
- How to play online roulette?
- Live Roulette, with dealer filmed inside a real casino
- Roulette odds explanation
- Best UK online casinos to play roulette
- History of casino Roulette game
- Know all Roulette strategies to be a professional
- 5 Roulette strategy books you need to read
- Roulette tips to play better at this game
- Roulette Strategy: Fact vs Fiction
- What is French roulette?
- French roulette is one version of roulette which you can play online. It has a few special rules that increase the odds in your advantage. It has the lowest house edge when compared to European and American roulette. keyboard_arrow_right
- How to play French roulette
- Playing French roulette is easy and a lot of fun. It has the same bet types as the European version so all you need to do is take your pick! Remember to check the paytable by clicking the correct button. keyboard_arrow_right
- What is the difference between French roulette and European roulette?
- The biggest difference when it comes to French roulette is the house edge. At 2.70%, French roulette gives you the best odds when compared to both European and American versions. This is thanks to exclusive rules. keyboard_arrow_right
- Where to play French roulette?
- It is important to choose a safe and trusted UK online casino when looking to play French roulette. PlayOJO, The Grand Ivy, and PlayFrank are all great options that offer some of the best experiences around.