- Highly customisable
- Four volatility levels
- Faithful to Monopoly board game
- Longer gameplay
- High penalty (Go to jail)
- No strategy
Monopoly Slingo Review: Unexciting and frustrating
Monopoly Slingo is one of my least favourite Slingo games. It’s missing everything that made the bingo-slot combination exciting and refreshing to play.
The game captures the essence of the traditional Monopoly board game, particularly because it can be very frustrating and long, while providing no entertainment.
It’s possible to choose between four volatility levels. Higher volatility means higher risk, but it is just as unexciting as low volatility. The only thing that increases is the frustration, as the chances of covering the board within the designated boards doesn’t change.
All in all, this is (sadly) a very dismaying game.
Slingo does the board game
It’s not easy to do a new take on a classic and get it perfect. And Slingo Originals has done so many reboots of classic games, that the developer was bound to stumble at some point. I’m afraid this is the case for Monopoly Slingo.
This attempt to bring a new experience to online gaming has you roll the dice to move Mr. Monopoly around the board. Inside the board are 25 Slingo cards, corresponding to the properties you can land on. Each time you land on a property, you mark off the cards that belong to the same colour group.
This game gives you no control over the Jokers, so there is no strategy to get a full house.
Rolling a double will award you a free roll, while collecting all properties in a set awards you multipliers on your final prize.
The main issue is that you get very few base rolls. This makes it extremely hard to claim any prizes, as it’s very difficult to get Slingo lines at random. Even the extra rolls at the end of the round aren’t enough to get a decent win —and they can be very expensive!
Check out Monopoly Megaways™ to see a mobile slot version of the classic board game!
There are several features in Monopoly Slingo that take elements of the board game and apply them to online gambling games:
- Properties: act as multipliers
- Joker: acts as the Chance card, letting you pick a property from a random set
- Community Chest: random event (cash prize, Get Out of Jail Free card, Go to Jail or further moves around the board)
- Go: passing Go adds cash to the Free Parking square
- Free Parking: collect the money accumulated by passing through go
- Go to Jail: penalty for three rolls, or until you roll a double
- Extra rolls: equivalent to free spins on slots, you get them by scoring a double on the dice
It’s worth pointing out that the good bonuses are few and far between, while Go To Jail carries a huge penalty and happens more often than not. It really feels like you’re wasting money, especially on higher volatility levels with higher wagering per roll.
This game lets you choose a volatility level and play with different game tokens. Higher volatility means more extra rolls and higher prizes.
Each level has a different amount of base rolls and extra rolls that you can purchase after the first run out. Careful, though! Extra rolls require you to increase your wager each time, and they can get very expensive.
|Profile||Volatility||Rolls||Extra Rolls||Top Prize|
Where to play Monopoly Slingo
The only UK online casino that carries Slingo Originals games is Play OJO.
But that’s great news, because Play OJO is one of our favourite casinos. We’ve reviewed it in detail and we’ve tested it several times. So we can guarantee that it’s a fair, reliable and safe casino to play for real money. What’s more, it’s got great welcome bonus offers, and you can claim one by clicking any of our links to their page.
Play OJO is licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), which means their games are tested for fairness and the company is regularly audited to ensure its transparency, safety and security.Check out our in-depth review of Play OJO to enjoy Slingo Originals games with a bonus code!
- What is Monopoly Slingo?
- Monopoly Slingo combines the classic board game with bingo. Read our LadyLucks review to find out how to play and try a free demo. We also have a special bonus offer from the best UK online casino for Slingo games. keyboard_arrow_right
- How do you play Monopoly Slingo?
- Monopoly Slingo is played by rolling the dice and moving Mr. Monopoly across the board to collect properties and mark off bingo cards. Check out our detailed review for more info and a free demo. keyboard_arrow_right
- Is Monopoly Slingo safe to play?
- Yes. Monopoly Slingo is available at casinos licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. This means the game is fair and reliable. Visit LadyLucks to play a free Monopoly Slingo demo and get bonus codes for UK online casinos. keyboard_arrow_right
- Where can I play Monopoly Slingo?
- You can play a free demo of Monopoly Slingo at LadyLucks. If you like it, we can recommend the best UK online casino to play for real money, and we have an exclusive bonus offer for our readers. keyboard_arrow_right
- What are Slingo games?
- Slingo games combine slots and bingo to create new playing experiences. Monopoly Slingo is a bit different, as you roll dice to move Mr. Monopoly across the board, just like in the board game. See LadyLucks to find out more!
🏆 Top 3 best online casinos for Monopoly Slingo
First time depositors only. Min. deposit £10. Maximum amount of Free Spins is 50. Game: Book of Dead – Spin Value: £0.10 per spin. Excluding new players in Northern Ireland. OJO’s Reward and Game Play Policy Applies
18+. New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit £20. Max bonus bet is £5. Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £300 on your 1st deposit, 25% match up to £800 on your 2nd deposit, and 50% match up to £400 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds contribute towards any wagering requirement
Match deposit bonus of 100% up to £99 plus 99 free spins on your first deposit | New players only | Minimum deposit £20, 40x wagering requirement, £5 max bet with bonus funds | Free spins winnings awarded in bonus money. Full T&C apply.
New players only. Min deposit £20. Package is split in 1 deposit bonuses to a max of £100 + 50 bonus spins. Wagering bonus 35x. Wagering bonus spins 40x. The winnings must be wagered within 7 days. Full T&C applies. Full T&C applies
New customers only. No restrictions while playing with cash. Min. refund bonus is £10. Wagering on bonus is 60x. Refund bonuses granted next day when 1st deposit has been lost. When playing with refund bonus max bet is £5. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. Skrill & Neteller excluded. T&C Apply
5 free spins on registration (max withdrawal is £100) on Spinsane, Starburst or Joker Pro | New customers only, min deposit £20, wagering 35x, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Max bonus is 100% up to £200. No max cash out on deposit offers. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Skrill or Neteller. Cashback is cash with no restriction. Full T&C applies