Gambling Helpline extends hours to 24/7
Gambling addiction in the UK is a serious problem that affects a small but significant percentage of the total number of gambling players. The reality is that the issue warranted the recent opening of the UK’s first gambling addiction treatment centre outside of London. A gambling helpline is one of the resources available to players with an addiction.
Gambling Helpline: Extension of opening hours
Starting October 1st, GambleAware’s charity, called GamCare, will be extending its National Gambling Helpline hours. They will now be open 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
GamCare also offers Live Chat, Group Chat and Forums. The extended hours will begin on a trial basis until they determine the success.
According to statistics from GamCare, they answered almost 30,000 helpline/netline calls and treated 8,310 clients for 2018. It’s believed that there are roughly 340,000 problem gamblers in the United Kingdom and an additional 2 million people at risk. The organisation has a mission to treat and advise players in Great Britain by providing education, communication and prevention.
A player that thinks that they might have a problem with an addiction can also read our page on Responsible Gambling.
- Evolution Gaming wants to buy NetEnt for £1,7 billionJun 30, 2020
- Mega Moolah Jackpot Payout Makes History: First Payout of 2020Apr 8, 2020
- Casino lock withdrawal featureMar 11, 2020
- Mega Moolah Jackpot: A Chance To Win £11 Million+Mar 5, 2020
- Upcoming IGT slots (coming soon)Mar 3, 2020
- NetEnt Launches Exciting Community Jackpot System: Starburst Power PotsFeb 28, 2020
There are 216 others news